Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cinco de Mayo-MY!!

If only Tuesday night dinners always came out THIS GOOD! I think it helped that I had great inspiration - Cinco de Mayo and a golden ripe champagne mango. With this, I made chicken fajitas with onions, peppers and a spicy mango salsa.

Charlestown Culinary’s Chipotle Mango Salsa

1 champagne mango, diced
½ red pepper, diced
½ cucumber, diced
½ red onion, diced
1 chipolte pepper, diced
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Pinch salt

Combine ingredients in a bowl. Let sit at least 30 minutes before serving.

Charlestown Culinary’s Chicken Fajitas

3 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound chicken tenders, cut into strips
1 green pepper, sliced thickly
½ onion, sliced thickly
1 tablespoon grill seasoning
Half cup water

Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, peppers and onion, stir until well coated. Add remaining ingredients and turn heat down to medium. Stirring occasionally, cook about 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.

To assemble the fajitas, I warmed a tortilla in a hot skillet. To the tortilla, I added a generous spoonful of chicken, peppers and onions. I then topped this with a spoonful of the mango salsa and a dollop of sour cream. Mr. Charlestown Culinary (my most interesting man!) and I enjoyed this meal with a cold Dos Equis. ¡Buen provecho!

No comments:

Post a Comment