Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Course 4: Valrhona Chocolate Ebelskivers

Sometimes a meal is so filling, you need a break in between the entree and dessert. In my case, the delay between courses 3 and 4 of the 'Wine Scavenger Hunt' was due to a trip to visit my parents, Mom and Dad Culinary in New Mexico.

With the wine pairing and dessert my responsibility, I first started with my favorite dessert wine, Moscato d'Asti Nivole. Nivole, is a lightly sparkling wine from Italy that is crisp and fruity without being overwhelmingly sweet. Mr. Charlestown Culinary and I have enjoyed this wine numerous time, twice on very special occasions - the night we got got engaged and at our wedding. To complement the sweetness of the wine, I made ebelskivers filled with Valrhona chocolate. To balance the sharpness of the french dark chocolate, I served the dessert with a raspberry chambord sauce and freshly whipped cream.

1 comment:

  1. There are lots of culinary schools available in country that provides best culinary cooking education. They suggest them various types of programs and services through their dynamic culinary, patisserie, and baking and hospitality training programs.

    http://www.culinaryschoolsprograms.com/culinary/Cooking-Culinary-Education/index.html

    ReplyDelete