Saturday, January 24, 2009

We ALL Make Mistakes

1. Henry's Ford's lawyer telling him cars are a novelty, he would be better off investing in horses
2. Decca Records rejecting the Beatles in 1962
3. Michael Jordan being cut from his high school basketball team
4. CHARLESTOWN CULINARY'S Oatmeal Bread

The bread started out great. Some oats...

Added to that some seemingly innocent ingredients, including: yeast, molasses, butter, flour...

Some time on the fireplace mantle to rise...
A little kneading, some more rising and THE KEY FOR DISASTER, putting 2 loaves worth of dough into ONE bread pan...
It wasn't until I had baked the bread for over an hour - with a 'still raw' inside dough, that I had realized my mistake. Too stubborn to admit defeat (yes I am an Aquarius), I continued to bake the bread until fully cooked. 45 minutes later, I was the proud owner of a loaf of bread SO HARD, that my husband and I joked it could be used as a weapon in case of intruders.
I can only hope that like the others on my 'lessons list', this is just a small stumble on my way to something really amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment