Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Come on... Give Ginger a Chance

Over the weekend I added a poll to my blog to encourage interaction from my multitude of readers (thank you large family!).

Here is my narrowed list of 'potential' 2009 trends and reasoning:

1. Braising: I am anticipating this technique for cooking tougher cuts of meat will become more popular as consumers look to tighten their grocery-budgets
2. Prix-fixe Menus:
From local cafes to upscale eateries, I foresee restaurants looking for ways to get customers in the door during the weakened economy
3. Cheese Courses:
This one was personal, I LOVE cheese. I would rather eat a plate of cheese after a meal then a gooey chocolate dessert.
4. Ginger:
With the rise in popularity of Asian cooking, I believe ginger will amp up its appearance in food that does not traditionally use the spice -- APPARENTLY, I am the only one who believes in the potential of ginger

...And since I do not believe in posts without pictures - I am adding a picture of my husband's favorite food trend from 2008.
What do you think about my predictions? Do you have any of your own?

No comments:

Post a Comment