Sunday, April 5, 2009

Ménage à Trois

Who knew the suburbs were so exciting? On Saturday night I joined 2 girlfriends at Bon Vivant, a wine shop located in Randolph, MA that was celebrating their first anniversary with a Spring Fling Grand Tasting. The tasting featured over 25 varieties of wine, beer and port. With them were passed hors d'oeuvres and a cheese selection that included an addictive cranberry cinnamon Chevre. Amongst the selections at the tasting, were three that scored very highly with our group:

1. Jockey Club Reserve Porto: A spicy tawny port that paired very well with the cranberry goat cheese.
2. Lindemans Framboise: A sweet Belgian beer fermented with raspberries.
3. Ménage à Trois Red: A fruity wine made from a mix of Cabernet, Merlot and Zinfandel that is very reminiscent of a French Beaujolais.

Interested in checking out Bon Vivant, our selections and other great wines? Fortunately, they hold weekly tastings on Thursday nights between 5 and 7. À votre santé!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sad I couldn't go. I'm planning a wine tasting party at my house soon. I think it's the Traveling Vineyard. I'll keep you posted and of course I'll invite our girls from the "Culinario Club"!

    ReplyDelete